Coming to you today with a food post all about my favourite on the go breakfast idea. I don’t know about you but my favourite meal of the day has always been breakfast. Whether it’s sweet or savoury, the options are endless.
This recipe is great if you are in a rush, on the go or always forget to allow time for breakfast. Now I know currently most of us are working from home and don’t have anywhere to go in a real hurry. However, this breakfast idea is great for those that wake up that little bit too late for their first zoom meeting or want to prepare ahead to ensure they can stick to a healthy days eating!
I was introduced to overnight oats by my boyfriends Mum, and since have become a staple in our household. Not only do they taste delicious but the oats are slow relseasing of energy, therefore keeping you fuller for longer – so less chance of clearing out the fridge before lunchtime!
Very Berry Overnight Oats
What you will need:
- Small mason jar/jam jar (Tupperware will do fine too)
- 3 tablespoons of 0% fat Greek Yoghurt (or a fat free berry flavoured yogurt)
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 3 tablespoons of porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Drizzle of milk (I use almond milk but any will do!)
How to assemble:
- Start with a tablespoon of oats
- Layer a tablespoon of yoghurt on top
- Add a small handful of berries
- Repeat this process until you have 3 layers or you have used all your ingredients
- Finish with your drizzle of honey a splash of milk to bind together
- Leave in the fridge overnight ready for breakfast the following morning!
Voila! Your super simple and nutritious breakfast prepped and ready for the morning. I tend to make a few up at a time and leave them in the fridge for each morning, they keep well and if not get better the longer they sit!
If you wanted to be super healthy you could add some chia seeds or swap the honey out for agave nectar, however this is just the basic principal which can be adapted to each persons liking.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I do! Let me know if you have a try and tag me on Instagram at marthasmoments .